CA RA Mpako Audit services
An financial audit is an examination that must be conducted by an independent auditor.
This type of audit is most commonly intended to result in a certification of the financial statements of an entity. Importantly, this certification is required by certain investors and lenders, and for all publicly-held businesses.
The objectives of an external audit are to determine:
- The accuracy and completeness of the client’s accounting records;
- Whether the client’s accounting records have been prepared in accordance with the applicable accounting framework; and
- Whether the client’s financial statements present fairly its results and financial position.
- Independent Reviews
An independent review is the latest addition to the Companies Act that provides limited assurance. Therefore, this type of financial review requires less rigorous investigation, and the costs are inevitably less than for an audit.
Audit or independent review? Which Financial Review is best for your Business?
Either way we provide the service of an independent review, as well as assist in the preparation of an audit.
- Phase I: plan and design an audit approach
- Phase II: perform test of controls and substantive test of transactions
- Phase III: perform analytical procedures and tests of details of balances
- Phase IV: complete the audit and issue an audit report